Professional Cowboys Bull Riding Association
Rules and regulations for PCBRA sanctioned event.
Bull Riding events are Limited to 45 riders and 5 alternates top 10 back to short round.
PCBRA card holder members have preference. Then PCBRA permit members have preference next. Then if non members enter and we need more contestants to feel the bull riding event then they shall be put in the draw.
All Bull riders must call and enter the books will close 5 days prior to the event.
Draws will be posted the following day after the call in books close.
If a contestant draws out and then turns he can and will be fined.
Memberships are $75.00 for past members or card holders.
Permit fee is $100.00
New members will be riding on a permit which when they have acquired 250 or more points they can buy there PCBRA card.
All stock contractors, bull fighters, funnyman must buy a PCBRA membership.
Contract personnel membership is $100.00
There is a $20.00 non member fee for bull riders. Who enter an event before buying there permits or card.
$500.00 minimum added to each event.
Entry fee’s are as follows:
- Bull riders 100.00 members/ 120.00 for non members
- 50.00 To the pot.
- 30.00 To the day money pot.
- 20.00 To the association for year end awards news letters web site office supplies, secretary, Judges etc.
- $20.00 non member fees go to the association.
Turn out fee is entry fee + $50 =$150 members, $170 non-members.
All fines must be paid before riding in another PCBRA event. The contestant that is fined if enters the next PCBRA event will be placed automatically as an alternate.
1-15 pays 2 places 60%, 40%
16-25 pays 3 places 50%, 30%, 20%
26-35 pays 4 places 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%
36-45 pays 5 places 30%, 25%, 20%, 15%, and 10%
Day money is given to those contestants who make qualified rides and do not place in the pay back.
The PCBRA point system is the points you acquire on a qualified ride are the points that go towards standings and your card.
- All bulls must be tipped to a minimum size of a quarter.
- All bulls must be # branded. Or ear tagged
- Bulls must be approved by the PCBRA committee.
- The top bulls on the PCBRA bull stats are eligible for the finals
- All bulls going to the finals must have bucked in at least three PCBRA events.
- Be owned or leased by a PCBRA stock contractor.
- Short round bulls for the finals will be decided on by the bull riding directors.
Using the 3 judge system:
2 Judges scoring the bulls 1-25 and the rider 1-25
3rd judge will be behind the bucking chute where he will run a stop watch and watch for chute fouls and give rerides
Judges need to be approved by the PCBRA committee
Funny man needs to be approved by the PCBRA committee.
Bull fighters need to be approved by the PCBRA committee.
Event Announcer needs to be approved by the PCBRA committee
The bull rider can only have 2 contestants upon the chutes to help him on his bull.
All contestants who are not riding or helping another bull rider on must stay off of the back of the chutes.
All contestants must be in western attire 30 minutes to start time
All entries open two weeks prior to event date
Entry fees must be paid 30 minutes before start time.
Any contestant who argues with the Judges can and will be disqualified upon the judges’ discretion.
All contestants and personnel will act in a professional manner at all times before, during and after each event.
Any contestant caught putting his spurs in the rope intentionally (knot holds) will be disqualified.
If a contestant is taking to much time in the bucking chute or sulking his bull he can be disqualified.
RE Ride Rules:
- Re rides will be given if the contestant gives 3 tries at getting out on a chute fighter
- Re rides will be given if the bull falls to his knees or goes all the way to the ground during the 8 seconds
- Re rides will be given if the rider is fouled in or on the chute posts or gates.
Re rides will be given if the Bull does not perform for the contestant to have a fair shot at winning.
The PCBRA reserves the right to refuse anyone memberships or take away memberships from any and all contestants or bull riding personnel upon the PCBRA committees’ discretion.
The PCBRA reserves the right to use any and all names photos videos etc for advertising purposes for any and all reasons pertaining to the promoting and advertising of the PCBRA.
PCBRA Rules and Regulations are subject to change with out notice upon the Board of Directors Discretion.